In the current day and age, the world has been condensed into a global village. People can now easily overcome the previously insurmountable barriers of mountains and seas to communicate and interact with others at the push of the button. This has been made possible by the advent of the internet, and the variety in networking and communication technology that has been developed. The most ancient means of communication were letters that were delivered through a laborious process. The human civilization has come a long way since then with the development of telephones, telegrams, electronic mails, and social networking. However, human emotions can rarely be felt through simple voice or text. Long-distance communications can rarely live up the feeling of talking face to face, but this deficiency is well-compensated with the development of the most recent innovation in the communication enterprise, i.e. video calling.
The ultra-modern smartphones, with cameras left, right and center, have become commonplace. Consequently, the service of video-calling utilizing this front-facing camera has also gained immense popularity. One of the biggest companies involved in providing this internet-based service is Google. They have developed a cutting edge software for enabling video chatting on multiple platforms. The Google Duo for PC (Windows and MAC) is one of the frontrunners in the latest video communication technology.
Introduction to Google Duo For PC
Google Duo is a video calling venture undertaken by the multinational Information Technology Company, Google. It was initially developed as a video-calling app for the Android and iOS platforms. However, the Google Chrome PC browser also supports the application as an extension of its framework. It was released in the August of 2016 to rave reviews and great fanfare.
Its magnum opus lies in the optimization for low-bandwidth networks, enabling seamless switching between Wi-Fi and cellular networks without compromising video quality. Its ease of use and seamless integration with other Google products is one of the pillars of its massive success. Let’s have a look at the features which have made it so successful.
Top 5 Amazing Features of Google Duo | Video Calling App
Even a cursory look into the Google Duo application will reveal the following impressive features.
- Exceptional optimization for low-bandwidth networks, which enables a smooth transition from Wi-Fi to cellular networks.
- A live preview of the caller can be seen before answering the call. Thus, it doesn’t forcefully shut down any other important work at hand and you have the option to attend to the call later.
- Robust End-to-End encryption protocols for data protection and user safety.
- Facilities for audio-only calls and group calls are also available.
- Video and audio messages can be left for contacts who are not able to pick up your call at some specific time.
Let’s now have a look at how you can install the Google duo for PCs and avail of these amazing features.
How to Install Google Duo for PC (Windows and MAC)
You can install the Google Duo for PC, preferred system by following the steps enumerated below. You also have to ensure that you have an activated Gmail account before starting this procedure.
- Download and Install the Google Chrome Browser.
- Go to duo.google.com
- Click on the ‘Try out Duo for web’ button on the top right-hand corner.
- Login to your Google account.
- Enter your associated mobile number where people can call you, and very it via a One-Time Password.
Your Google Duo application will be set up after following these steps. You will be able to call any of your contacts through the web application itself.